Monday, August 08, 2005

Click, Click, Click..........Click

Well, here I am! I'm very surprised that I've had enough discipline, oh yes, discipline, to have posted this many ramblings. I feel as if I'm going to lose my mind today. I've been sick since thursday morning, and have not gone to work since. Well, I tried it yesterday, but when I got there my body said, "no you don't!". So, within a matter of hours I was back home in front of the television. I have been sitting in front that stupid ass box for the past 4 days. How much can one person take of this syndicated crap? I don't know how people do it.

As this is the 60th year since the United States dropped the A-Bomb, there has been much footage of this on the History channel. I don't usually care to watch anything about World WarII, but for some reason this times it's different. The magnitude of the destruction caused by those 2 bombs is disgusting. The U.S. said that they didn't know right away what the damage was from the first bomb, so they went ahead with the second one. You're telling me that the so-called "brilliant" minds that created this thing didn't know what the damage was going to be!? Are you fucking kidding me?? No they're not. But apparently they did fool the rest of the country into thinking that it was necessary. What a wonderful government we have running this country. The Japanese bomb military vessels, and we bomb two civilian cities. You can weigh this one out on your own.

A few more clicks past the big "H" we have four channels of shows telling me how they decorated their neighbors house. If you ask me, most people couldn't do this shit if their lives depended on it. And I would guess it costs a bit more than they would have us believe. Just another way to turn peoples "wants" into some distorted form of "need". Just like fashion shows, MTV, head to toe makeovers. It all seems so insane, but people actually buy into it.

A few more clicks, and here's something interesting........another show about building motorcycles! Now we've got fashion, homes, motorcycles, cars, and commercials for a bunch of crap nobody needs. And all of these fuckin politicians have the nerve to stand there with a stupid look on their face and say "we need to improve our schools". But of course, why should they do anything about these mega-corporations when they're the ones supporting them to get these worthless positions in the first place.

But, I'm almost as guilty as the next guy. Almost. I have the big 50" television. The nice living room furniture. The beautiful car. A closet full of new clothes. I fall into the same traps everybody else does, from time to time. As I've said before, it's a constant battle between mind and spirit within me. I know how tough it is to try to get away from it all. It's constantly in our faces. Everywhere we go there's billboards and signs, t.v.'s and radios, beautiful and wealthy. Then again, I've never given it an all otu effort. Usually half-assed. Earlier I said "almost", and there's a reason for that. It's because I am aware. I know these things about myself. And I know the things that I allow into my head to make my world "seem" this way. I believe it all comes with time. Soon enough I'll have no more need for any of that stuff. And I think you won't either. Until then let's become AWARE. And in doing so, help others get there too.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about the glorious, mind numbing talk shows. I.E., Oprah, Springer, Maury, Montel, Ricki, Jenny Jones, Sally.........and the rest of you upstanding citizens. Keep up the great work guys!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home