Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Ramblings of a mad man?

No matter what the event of the day, big or small, it seems to pass just like the rest of them. They all go quickly and seem never to look back. This makes me wonder if any day has ever really existed at all. What proof is there that yesterday really happened? We can see pictures or movies, but what does that mean? They can be thought up by the mind just the same as history. What is anything beyond the eyes, really? Do the eyes even actually see? Or, is this all an image we've created to go along with the plot we've written?

The recollection I have of yesterday is merely an image in my mind. A broken and distorted one at that. As days pass they begin to seem as if they never happened. Think back to memories of childhood. What happens? To me, I see those broken images, and remember "feelings" I may have had at the time. Actually, the feeling is stronger than the image. So what does that say for my memory? All I have to go by are these "feelings" that I think I can remember.

Another odd thing to think about........To me, when I look back on childhood, it doesn't even seem like it was me. It seems as if it was another person, I never existed at that time. But here I am now with these socalled "memories" of this person at that time. I can almost break "my" life down into segments and label each one as having been someone else. Maybe it's because we change so much over time, that it really was a different person. But what difference does that make if it was all created by my mind anyhow. And if any of this holds any ground at all, what's the point of it? What purpose does this all serve? Where is it going to get me? I tend to think my soul will benefit and progress to a higher level of consciousness. One far, far away from this peculiar place.

Well, hopefully I've stirred up some thought within the minds of somebody. I have to say that this is my mind every day. Day in and day out these sane thoughts go through my head. I ponder many things as I sit at my boring job. Sane Of sound mind; mentally healthy: I think all of my pondering is consequence of my awareness. Most of the world would think I need a psychaiatrist. But they couldn't be more wrong. in·san·i·ty Extreme foolishness; folly.
Something that is extremely foolish.
I think it's insanity to walk through your life never questioning a thing. Go to work, pay the bills, buy things, have kids, and die. How could one of sound mind do all that and never ponder their existence?

It may seem as if I strayed from my original topic, but I have not. I was displaying my thought process. One that is not normally accepted. It would seem sporatic and foolish. This was merely to show that our everyday lives are not to be accepted as reality. It's all false. And everything that "reality" would tell us is true, is false. History, pictures, video cameras, the bible, religion, politics, government. All of these are not real. They are meant to keep you from pondering truth. Why isn't this a topic on the evening news? Ha, because it just dosen't make sense. I'm done.......thank you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home